Yu-Gi-Oh! The Animus Items

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! The Animus Items

Post  PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:15 pm

"Huh? Oh, I guess you're right." Yugi was fairly certain his days of saving the world were over. His gut-feelings were almost completely atrophied! Still, part of him couldn't help but feel a little happy just to see him again. He'd become a very close friend in those days. "What's the last thing you remember?"

Mokie smiled and gave her the tumbs up. "Cute!" he cheered. He knew his brother thought so too. Being the person closest to Seto Kaiba he was able to read the subtle tell-alls of his brothers 'vast erray of emotions' like a pro!

Shizuka's face went from Seto, to Mokuba, and then back to Seto. Wait. Cute? Wait what? Oh, well Seto was asking her a question, so she should get to answering that first. Though, what Mokuba said . . . what? For a moment, all that came out of her mouth were stutters, as she stared up at Seto, before realizing she sounded like a dork. "Oh, uhm . . . I-I was just wondering . . . when you were going to take me to see my brother. I'm just really worried about him is all." She bit her lip. He wasn't going to be angry at her, right? He just looked so scary at the moment!

"Crossing over. After that duel we had, remember?" Atem thought more for a moment, to see if he could dig up any other memories, but the rest were blank. Duh, he was dead for the rest of the time! "But, nothing strange has happened lately? None at all?" Geez, what was it like to have a normal life? He certainly was having trouble imagening what it was like. Where nothing happened. Where you didn't have to worry seriously about the next duel you did. No shadow games to worry about. No having to worry about falling off a blimp while dueling. It didn't feel that long ago to him at all.

Mokuba watched the two older people speak with eachother. He really hoped his brother was in a forgiving and kind sort of mood. He looked up at him with pleading eyes. As if to say "Please don't be a totall apple core this time, bro."

Seto gave one of his pretentious grunts that made him sound like he thought the rest of the world should be licking his shoes. Or, at least he tried to, but when he looked into those wibbling eyes, nothing quite came out. "Well." He coughed. "There's no use just wasting time. Let's go." Because it wasn't like he had a multi-million dollar company to run or anything. He walked past her, deciding it would be best if he didn't have to stare at those wibbly eyes any more than he had to. He might just start to develope emotions or something preposterous like that.

"Huh/" Yugi put his hand on his chin as he thought. Somehow, he'd always picturedthe afterlife as something a little... More? Ah, but that could wait. Strange occurences... Strange occurences.... "Nope. Thngs have been pretty quiet since you left.

Meanwhile, Ryou was halfway to having a breakdown over an incredibly strange occurence. But! At least he was at school. He couldn't focus on much of anything, he forgot his lunch, and he'd gotten an 'F' for not finishing his homework, but he was there!

Moke grinned. He was proud of his brother. He was actually being... well... nice! Niiiice. He followed behind the two of them, a bounce in his step as he kept his walk in rythm with his brothers. As they walked out the front door, Mokie got more excited. That was the first mistake of the day. For as he happily bound acrossed the lawn and out intot he street, a car was turning the corner at the exact same time.
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:15 pm

"Oh, thank you!" Shizuka beamed, and quickly followed next to Seto. "I'm sure my brother will be really thankful for you doing this for me. Now he has a reason to be your friend, right? You guys might actually start to get along!" Cue a girly giggle. Maybe she was getting ahead of herself a bit. She looked ahead, and quickly her cheerful face died. "Mokuba, watch out!" She quickly yelled, dashing forward.

Atem wanted to ask so much more, but, then he noticed that both Yuugi and Anzu were in their school uniforms. "Well, I would like to ask more, but I think you guys might be a bit over 2 hours late for school . . ."

Petra adjusted her Sherlock Holmes cloak, as she leaned over her desk, studying her cards. The seller DID lie to her! The Graverobber card was not a first edition AND it was bent on the edge. Ohh, and that was certainly not her fault! Couldn't be her fault. She would never believe it was her fault! She growled to herself, before slipping it into a small plastic bag. It would need to be returned, and on top of that, she expected all her money back.

Seto Kaiba was a man who could easily stay cool under pressure. Unless it was his brother. Without much though, he too dashed across the sidewalk to... Stop the car? Right. Brilliant.

Isis threw her foot onto the peddal fast enough to make the metal squeal. But that was barely heard over the squealing of the tired skidding on the pavement, leaving little black trails behind each tire. She took a deep breath as she assessed who she'd just almost hit. The Kaiba brothers... Fate had a strange sense of humor.

Yugi shook his head. "This is more important than that!" Yugi replied. "What if you were called back because of some evil force?" and, to be honest, he'd rather spend the day with his best friend.

Ryou stared blankly at the back of Petra's head. She'd called last night, he recalled. He also recalled being fairly rude to her. As soon as their teacher had finished speaking, he cleared his throat. "Excuse me, Miss Petra?"

Marik blinked. "Holy Ra, someohne get me my brown pants!" He exclaimed before letting out a sigh of relief. He then realized who they'd nearly hit. "Isis... this isn't coincidence...." He murmured, suddenly turning serious.

Mokie blinked twince, when he found himself being sheilded by both Seto and Shizuka. "Ah... S-sorry..." Was the only thing he could think of to say at this moment.

Shizuka trembled. What was with all the problems with cars as of late? She was just about hugging Mokuba because she was so scared the car would advance more. Slowly, she started to pull Mokuba out of the street. Honestly, the more time she spent around the boy, the more she felt he was family.

Atem brought his hand up to cup his chin, thinking. "This is very possible. Although I'm not all too sure how this happened. We'll have to investigate more." He was silent for a moment, before he spoke up again, "Has Isis, Marik, of Lihito been around lately?"

Mokuba didn't een tremble. It was as if he didn't even realize he could have just died. "Thanks, Shizuka!" He beamed at her. Her reflexes where far better than he thought! She would fit into the family quite well. Yeessss......
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:16 pm

"Who what now?" Petra perked up, looking behind her. Oh. Oh! OH! She almost forgot! One of her most important cases yet and she almost forgot? Must not be that important. She reached around in her bag before bringing out a piece of paper. "Yeah, yeah, that reminds me." She handed the paper to him. "Could you fill that out?" She wasn't being rude. What are you talking about? The paper had some questions on it. Very . . . interesting questions. Stuff like, 'JUST WHAT THE FRELL WAS HAPPENING LAST NIGHT WAS SOMEBODY HOLDING A GUN TO YOUR HEAD SURE SOUNDED LIKE IT PLEASE GIVE FULL DETAIL ON WHAT HAPPENED KTHXBAI'. "You don't have to fill it out now though." Derp.

Seto let go of his brother and allowing Shizuka to move him. He stood to his full height, just /daring/ the poor bastard who just tried to run his brother over to try and run. He scanned the liscense plate, just in case.

Isis stepped out of the car with all the calm and grace Seto remembered of her. She stood before the man. Her brother was right. Whatever was going on, Kaiba was definately tied to it. Which probably meant the Pharoah was involved, as well. "Mister Kaiba. I didn't expect to see you while I was here."

Yugi shook his head. "No. But I could give them a call. they left their number in case we ever needed help." He turned to run back into the game shop, to dig up the little slip of paper witht he number. He motioned for his friends to follow.

Ryou looked down at the paper, very slightly lost."Ah-um..." He took the paper before continuing. (He didn't want to appear even more rude.) "I just wanted to apologize for last night. I was uh... In the middle of something. And I hope it won't effect our relationship." He smiled nervously at her. He wanted to tell some one, so badly. But he'd just met her. He liked her, and he didn't want her to think he was crazy. Although, glancing over the 'survey' she'd just handed him, he vaguely wondered if she were a bit of a nutter, herself. In the nicest way possible.

The millennium rod shook in the box, and glowed and it called for it's master. It's one true master. The royal blood and the deep blue eyes of the preist. It reached out to Seto, the souls within crying out. It started on the edge of his mind, and then it grew steadily.

However, Petra seemed completely serious about the survey. Not at all like how she was feeling at one o'clock in the morning when she had wrote it. "Relationship?" She questioned. Oh whoa whoa whoa whoa WAIT. What's a relationship? No, actually, what relationship? "Uh, no, doesn't effect it at all. It's fine."

Without hesitation, Atem quickly followed. He wondered why Anzu was so quiet. Shocked, maybe? Ah, he didn't blame her.

“Oh, it's Isis!” Shizuka spoke up. She remembered her! Not much, but she knew her none the less.

Seto shook his head. It was already starting. This woman just had a propensity for screwing with his head. He couldn't place it, but he had a feeling... Like hearing your name called in a crowded place. He pressed a hand to his forehead, as though it would supress this confusing feeling. "What are you doing here?" He growled.
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Isis nodded politely toward Shizuka and Mokuba. "I'm glad to see you two are doing well." ("Barely." Seto grumbled. She /had/ just almost run then over.) She looked back to Kaiba. "I was originally on my way to see the Pharoah..." She looked him over. He could feel it, too. Perhaps he wasn't entirely blind to his past. Without waiting for his response, she went to the back seat of the car where the crate rested. She dug into it once again, and retreived the item in the box that called the loudest. She gave her brother a look, almost as though asking permission to give away this thing that had been so much to him in the past.

After a few minutes, Yugi learned that Rashid was the only one home. Apparently, Isis and Marik were already in Japan by now! He explained this to his friends. "This seems a little to convenient, doesn't it?" He dropped his school bag by the door as he pulled his outdoor shoes back on. "We should go find them!"

"Ah, thank you." He looked back down at the paper. "Ah, as for your... Question." He thought about it. "I had a guest." It was the truth, after all.

Marik slid out of his seat and came to stand by his sister. "You've come to us by no coincidence..." He then held out the golden rod. "Thuis once belonged to your ancestors..." He explained. The rod practically began screaming in his mind.

"Oh. Just a guest?" She brought out a notebook and quickly jotted it down. He was lying. Mmhmm. Totally. Or maybe he just always sounded unsure like that and she just wasn't used to it. Either way, it was good to have this stuff written down.

Atem nodded. “Where do you think they would be? Domino City is a big place, and it would be stupid to just run around not sure of where exactly we were going.” Anzu cleared her throat. She totally wasn't thinking of doing that. “Maybe if we went by the museum? It seems like a place they would go.”

The feeling had grown overwhelming, painful. Somehow, he knew that reaching out for that silly gold trinket. He snatched it from his hands, and the feeling was gone. He rolled it in his hand, feeling it's weight. It somehow felt... Very right. As though the thing were made to be held by him alone. Trippy. "And what do you want me to do with it?" He grunted.

"The time will come when you will learn for yourself." She replied.

"Why does it always have to be so cryptic with you!?" Seto growled.

"Goodbye, Mister Kaiba." She returned to the car, speaking as she climbed in. "I do hope we meet again, before this is all over."

A pair of glasses flashed in the shadow of Kaiba's shrubbery. "Contact confirmed." The glasses fell over a notepad, where more unreadable notes were scribbled.

"Yes!" Ryou answered all to quickly to be natural. Poor thing was compeltely unaware of how bad he was at lying, "Nothing too exciting. I never do anything exciting, really." He laughed an unatural laugh.

Yugi nodded. "Rashid said that they were overseeing the transport of some artifacts. I can't see why they would go anywhere else."
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Something then began to reach out to Shizuka. A great echo reverberating in her mind. It was uncommonly awkward and soon drove into her skull like a rusty nail. sudden and peircing. Yes, the necklace was calling to her.

"Ah . . . " Shizuka gripped at her head at the sudden feeling. It almost hurt. It was like something was on her head and in her mind, but she couldn't see or feel it. She glanced around quickly, before looking to Isis. As soon as she laid eyes on the necklace, her heart jumped, and she reached out. "W-Wait! Isis! The necklace . . ." She certainly hoped she didn't sound crazy or anything.

"Oh, okay then." Okay, so maybe he was telling the truth. Or maybe he wasn't. Or maybe Petra should just stay out of other people's business. She got quiet again as she scolded herself.

So then, the happy friendship trio skipped off happily; intentionally missing school. Hey, at least it was for the good of the world and all that shamwow.

Isis could feel it, too. The necklace had already abandoned here, and chosen it's new master. It was just as well. Isis could sense a power in this girl she was certain no one else was aware of. She approached her, her stride still filled with grace and dignity, as she unclasped the necklace. "I see. My part in this is almost over." She took Shizuka's hand, and gently pressed the necklace into it. "I'm sorry." She looked upon the girl with thinly concealed pity. She seemed so young to be gettin involved in something so big.

Ryou bit his lip. She wasn't buying it, but what else could he do? He had an awful feeling rolling around in his stomach that told him more would come of this than he could fathom at the moment.

DONG DONG DIN GONG! DinDONGDINGDONG. The school bell chimed, signifying the release of the children.

Shizuka stared up at Isis, before looking down at the necklace. The painful feeling died away, and she felt almost . . . safe now. "S-Sorry?" She squeaked. "What for? W-Wait, what do I do with this?" She bit her lower lip, feeling that something was about to happen. Whatever it was, wasn't going to be good.

"Don't bother asking." Seto grumbled, deciding to get out of the street before another one of Domino's crazy drivers decided to take a turn to quickly.

Isis turned away. "You'll find out for yourself." She reiterated. "I must go now. I've still much to do before my role os complete." And finally, she stepped into the car.

With that, Marik slid back in the car, ready to drive off with his sister ASAP. "We realy don't know what is going to happen, or how you will be using this item. But you will understand what needs to be done when the time comes." H smiled as he rolled up the window and waved.

Atem stared up at the museum. This was it . . . aaand Isis and Marik weren't there. “Should we go inside or stay out here?” Anzu asked. Atem only shrugged. “Maybe they are not here yet, so it would be best to wait outside.” Something in the back of his head told him to stay away from the street so they wouldn't get run over. What ever gave him that thought? HA! Silly brain.
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

As soon as the bell rang, Petra made a beeline to the door. However, was quickly stopped by traffic. It was friday and kids were willing to run each other over in order to get out.

Seto watched the car drive away with a grimace. What the hell? He rolled the rod in his hand once again. He would feel like an idiot, carrying the thing around. But something in him didn't want to leave it behind. With a "Hmph." He shoved it into his breifcase. "Let's go." Always one to ignore the important, if random occurences in life until they were staring him in the face.

Ryou rose from his seat. Now he had to go home. What if /he/ was there? He shuddered. No. He couldn't go back. Not if he could avoid it. "Um, hey!" He put a hand on Petra's shoulder. Suddenly Mister Outgoing, today! "Let's go to the museum together!" Ryou suddenly blurted out. "M-My father has worked on a lot of the exhibits there, and ah, well..." He trailed off. There was an unspoken 'please' in his tone.

Yugi nodded. "Their plane landed about twenty minutes ago, so they should be here any minute." Panda eyes.

Just then, Isis and Marik pulled up in there car! Marik smiled and pressed his nose against the window. When the car finally stopped, he yanked the door open. "Yugi! Just the man I wanted to-" He trailed off when he spotted Atem. "Th-thats impossible!" He gaped at the man before him. "How did you-...?"

Shizuka only gave a small nod before taking Mokuba's hand and following Seto.

Atem shook his head. “I wish I knew, and I was hoping you and your sister knew.” They did know, right? Man they better know. Anzu smiled. “It sure has been awhile, hasn't it?” Since Atem very so obviously forgot to say a proper 'hello'.

“Huh?” Petra looked at him with half-lidded eyes as they slowly moved though the school, inch by inch, as the whole student body filtered out of the building. “Alright. I'm pretty sure I got some cash on me to pay for it. I think.” /If I didn't spend it all on a card./

Well... obviously something seriously big is going on..." Marik noted. "I wish I could be arund for it... but it seems the items hav dropped a connection with me..." He dug through the box. "Here." HE offered out the items. Each begging to be taken by their new master. The eye to Yugi, the Puzzel to Atem, and the key to Anzu.

Yugi gawked. "But those were lost when the tomb collapsed!" As though she didn't know. "Aer the all here?"

Isis nodded. "I cannot explain what has happen, my Pharaoh." She bowed her head before Atem. "I can only assume that you have been brought here to quell the evil that is growing somewhere in this world.

Yugi very gingerly took the eye from Marik's hand. Pegasus' eye socket, Bakura's mouth, Seto's person in general... Even knowing it had since been cleaned, touching it always squicked him out.

Suddenly, he felt guilty for asking. "Oh, I couldn't ask you to pay for yourself!" He waved his arm. "Please, allow me." He suddenly realized what he sounded like. He blushed. He hoped she didn't take this whole thing the wrong way!
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Marik looked to the three. "I can tell you all now, there isn't much time until fate unfolds... Please be alert and try to stick together..."

Mokuba happily skipped along with Shizuka. He had a small giggle now and then, but was obviously very uneffected by the near-death experience. "Seto, did you see how Fast Shizuka ran?" He asked excitedly as they made their way into the hospital. He hoped that by pointing this out, Seto might realize how cool she really was.

Oh, what was all those things she saw on TV? All those terms he was using was suddenly sounding familiar to Petra. “What's this called, a date or something? So would it be called the 24th?” Today's date was the 24th, right?

Anzu inspected the key. She couldn't remember what it did, and she didn't really know what to do with it in general. Just hold on to it? Press it to somebodies head just to check out their soul? Huh.
Atem almost wanted to stroke the Puzzle. Oh, how good it felt to be back. Sure he was no longer resting in peace, playing card games with God, and all that fun stuff, but this was great too. Brought back some good memories and such. He looked to Marik and Isis and offered a small smile. “Thank you, very much.”

Shizuka blushed. “Aw, Mokuba, you're so sweet!”

Seto glanced back at the couple. Huh, it was funny. She could almost be his big sister. He turned to focus on the road ahead. Looking back was making his face feel inexplicably warm. "Yeah."

Ryou looked like he was trying very hard to understand what she meant. "Ah! Oh, er, yes. The twenty-fourth. Right. Ahaha... Ha?" He was very confused. "Well, um, shall we be off, then?"

"I live to serve you, my Pharoah." Isis replied.. "I only wish I were still able to aid you in this matter, but it appears my time has come and gone. It has been an honor." She bowed once more to her phantom king.

Marik carried the crate inside. Frankly he was a bit tired from the long ride. With the sun going down, it only made him feel more sleep deprived.

Mokuba, Seto, and Shizuka made it into Jounouchi's room, no rpoblem. No more unexdpected cars or anything! "Heya, Jounouchi!" Mokuba waved energetically. Jounouchi waved back. "Ey, guys! How's it going?" He sounded oddly drugged.

“Brother!” Shizuka felt her eyes get a tad watery, before she dashed over to him and hugged him. “How are you feeling? Do you need anything? I do hope you're being treated well!” No comment made on the clothing. So far so good.

With Ryou's confused laughed, combined with the fact that Petra was confused enough, she was only more confused by this point. Oh well. “Sure~” She clapped her hands together awkwardly. Really. If there was a table in front of her she would really want to give her dice a roll. It calmed her down. Thankfully, they soon made their way out of the crammed building, and to the museum.
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

“Take care. Hopefully we will be able to see each other again soon.” Atem nodded. He wanted them to stay almost. Being the leader was stressful, and nerving. It was nice to have somebody as calm as Isis around.

Seto stood near the door, arms crossed and a premanent scowl. Why she couldn't have walked here herself, he couldn't work up the energy to ask.

Yugi examined his new toy as the Isis and Marik prepared to drive away. He had the strangest feeling he wouldn't be seeing them again. "So, they didn't know anything about it either, huh?" Constantly stating the obviouss was what he was best at. He fidgeted. "We can't just wait around until soemthing bad happens.... Can we?" He ased his wiser side.

Ryou quickly noticed the head of crown-like hair standing outside the museum. Ah! Those friends of his who always ignored him! He hadn't even realized Yugi and Anzu were at school. He also noticed a man who looked fairly similar to Yugi, but more black. His eyes went wide. He wasn't going crazy! Oh, thank heaven's fry cook!

Marik caught sight of the little white haired boy. Best keep him away from the ring, as it only seemed to cause him trouble. However, he noticed at the boy came closer, the scale actually began to low. First faint, but it grew brighter and brighter the closer he came. He grabbed the item, and dashed over to Ryou. "R-Ryou, wasn't it?" He asked. The scale called outy to him, in his soul.

"Oh hey look, somewhat twins!" Petra pointed, before looking at the approaching chick. Oh wait. No boobs. Oops. What what's going on wat.

Ryou jumped back. It wasn't every day random guys who once conspired to put you in the hospital for their own benefits ran up to you and shoved golden artifacts in your face! "Um. Yes?" He looked at the thing held out in front of him. "F-for me?"

"I believe so." He held it out further. "Listen... there is lots going on... Yugi and the others can fill you in on details... but for now, I gotta set things up. I'm sorry if oyu came to see exhibits.. but we're closing to set up some new showcases, and well... Sorry..." He frowned.

Marik retreated inside the building.
"Ah. Right. I see." Ryou carefully reached out for the item. Honestly, he wanted nothing to do with another one of these wretched things, but... He couldn't stop himself. It had a very different feel than the Ring. He couldn't quite explain what the difference was, though.

"What's that?" Petra suddenly spoke up, writing something down before bringing out a magnify glass. "Trippy."

Jounouchi smiled dimmly. "Aaw... sis." he patted her head. "I'm fine..." He smiled. "Why are you dressed like dat ass?" He piped up. He didn't seemed bugged by it, just confused.

Seto's eye twitched, but he held his tongue. Arguing with such an obviously high person would just reflect badly onhim.
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

"Ah,well, it's..." Ryou wasn't quite sure how to explain. He'd sort of missed out on all the explanations, himself. Guess they didn't think he was important enough to know.

Oh. He did notice. At least he didn't seem upset. "Oh, uh . . . My clothes got dirty, so he let me borrow his. It's just until I get back to my apartment!" Shizuka quickly assured, but oh ho ho? Dirty how? The author wiggled her eyebrows.

The thief laid low in the heavy shadows. They draped over his eyes, creating a frighteningly dark hood with a violet glint peaking out. His pearly white teeth shimmered as they caught the light of the moon. He slowly crept into the museum just in time to hear Marik explaining to the night guards that all exits must be sealed up for the night. He grinned at his perfect timing.

Now he was going to lay in wait, evading the watchmen of the night. This was going to be a ball, he could tell already. Once the lights had been set to low, he made his move. He sunk to the lowest level of the museum, searching for his most prized possession. The last morbid bit of history that he had to cling too. The last memory of his family before they were viciously boiled down as a sacrifice to create the golden abominations. It was so ironic.

He found the dear millennium ring in a crate in the back, lone and cold, separated from the rest. He frowned upon realizing he had missed out on the rest of them. As he gazed down upon the relic, memories of his mother hiding him under a collapsed house as a last ditch effort to protect her child came to mind, followed by the terrible feeling in the pit of his stomach as he watch his people sink into a boiling caldron. He despised the pharaoh for what he had done. His family, and the rest of Kul Eruna might have been thieves, but they were also human beings. He never understood why society was so willing to obey that disgusting murderer they called a pharaoh.

He gripped the ring. Something wasn’t right, and he was able to tell within the first few second of holding the object in his bare hands. White light flicked in his eyes and his hands felt like they were caught in hot tar. He saw the tormented souls of the ring stream by his eyes, they were yelling out at him. They were calling him a traitor. They called him evil. His eyes then went totally dark as the spirits ripped through his body one at a time. The air smelled of rot and must. His mind screamed at him to let go, but his fingers wouldn’t budge. Finally, he forced his hand to let go of the scolding hot item. The visions and screams no longer filled his senses.

He quickly drew his hands up to make sure they had not seriously burnt. No, there was no injury, yet he still felt a slight burning. He couldn’t help but feel what tiny blackness of a heart he had left sink into the pit of his stomach and began to erode in the acids. His people had disowned him. Why? He wondered what could possibly have made them despise him so much. A light flickered on. Bakura’s head quickly snapped back to the staircase. “Marik.” He spat.

Marik’s eyes were narrow. True he had worked with this thief once, but never again. “Bakura…” he spat back. “What are you doing here?” He hissed.
The white haired man glared at the golden object that now laid on the floor. “Nothing. You can keep it.” He hissed threw his teeth.
“I can’t let you get away with simply walking in here!” Marik’s voice held a defensive tone. “You’ve broken in and I can’t let you escape.”
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bakura cackled. “Is that so?” He shifted to a low and panther like stance before grumbling in a very Khan-like voice. “Well then, have at thee.” His grin became wide and bordering on psychotic.
With a cautious leap, Marik sprung at Bakura in an attempt to bring him to his knees. His attack however was easily evaded, as the thief slinked across the floor towards a corner. When Marik charged at him again, Bakura didn’t budge from his spot. The expert thief stretched out his hands, gripping Marik’s collarbone to his shoulder, and using him as leverage against the wall to run backwards up it, just far enough to shove off and reverse the positions. Marik however had been running at such a great speed the momentum caused him to slam right into the wall, knocking him out cold.

Bakura snickered. That was easier than he thought. He gave the unconscious body a sharp kick in the side. “Hmph!” He glared back over to the ring, it’s golden hue taunted him, and left a bitterness in his mouth. He left it there. Scorned, but not so much as he was.He was now the thief with out a home and with out a people. Without a family. But he was going to make his own future. He would make it, or he would die trying.

The dark one crawled back out into cold night as he let out a bitter chuckle; vanishing into the black.

Seto awoke from another one of his peculiar dreams that next day. He couldn't shake the feeling that something really big was about to happen. Like the feeling he got before announcing a big project that he knew would push the limits of his work force. He looked across the roo to his suitcase, as though the item inside had answers for him. He stared at length, almost expecting... something. When nothing happened, he did his best to shrug off the feeling and find some coffee.

Ryou was both relieved and frightened to find that his other half was no longer there when he got home. If not here, where? And more importantly, what could he be doing? No, just the thought made him sick. He put the theif out of his mind, hopiong life would go back to normal as he munched on his toast.

Yugi had barely slept last night with all the excitement. Atem was back! Sure, the world might be in danger (again) but he had Yami to help him through it! It felt good to be working together with him again. Like being complete.

Isis sped her decent down the stairs when she saw her little brother's slack body on the floor. She lifted his head, and felt for his pulse. "Marik?" She gentle shook him. "Marik, wake up!"

And what more of a better way to get coffee, to see Shizuka making it. More specifically, Shizuka with her early-morning look. She had finally gotten some clothes from her house the previous day, but even then, she had an extremely oversized t-shirt on, with slippers. Even better? She was the one brewing the coffee. “Oh, good morning, Mr. Kaiba!” She beamed. “Lovely morning, isn't it? The sun somehow seems so much more beautiful!”

Saltin was greeted with the ever familiar feeling of crust resting on his eyes. Slowly, he lifted his head, feeling a small buzz in his head, followed by a light pounding. Oh. Joy. “You're lucky you're not the only one who was here all night or I would have kicked you out!” A loud voice suddenly spoke up in front of him. He looked, and found that it was a grubby middle-aged man. Bar tender? Oh. He was in a bar. “Damn.” He cursed. What was he thinking? Getting a drink at a time like this! This was not the time to be drinking! He only mumbled and grumbled a response before perking up with the question, “Hey you serve any eggs here?”
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Marik lifted his heavy eyelids. That was a much more difficult task than usual with the pounding headache at the tempral and frontal lobe. "Isis?" He looked around the room only to spot the millennium ring still lying cold on the floor. "Good. He didn't take it." He mumbled. "The thief was here." He moaned and covered his eyes with his hand, tryign to keep the offensively bright lights out of his retnas.

Mokie was still upstairs, attempting to pick an outfit out for the day. He felt like spiffing up a bit and wanted to put all his effort into it. One outfit made him look a bit too much like Yuugi, the other made his liike like a retarded gnome version of his brother, and the most recent one was too plain. The boy could here Shizuka greeting his brother as chipper as ever. It was adorable, really. He certainly hoped such a cheerful greeting would leave his brother in a pleasant state.

Bakura slunk into the bar. If one looked closely enough they might've noticed the blood splatters on his shoes from his early morning encounter with a mailman who'd caught him in a terrible mood. But no one needed to look close to realize the man had no heart. His eyes empty and cold as the vaccum of space stared down anyone who so much as breathed while he passed by. The white haired one came and gripped the collar of Puka's coat. "You." He grunted. "I have a preposition for you." He spoke coldly while staring down into his eyes.

Ah. She looked even more like an angel when she was brewing the second greatest invention known to man. Seto tried not to react to her greeting, but a small flinch managed to touch his face. "Sure." He grumbled, glancing out the window and trying to see the world through her rose-tinted glasses. It looked like the same sun as ever to him, unfortunately.

Click. "There had been a distinct lack in activity. I beleive the scout is preparing for his return to Trichonimoianois 6. I have all my provisions packed. If you do not hear from me again, assume that his planet's atmosphere was toxic to me, and I have died in the name of science." Click.

Isis looked to the discarded ring. Very strange... She reached to stroke her neck out of reflex, but alas, she had no necklace to show here why. Something certainly wasn't right, however. She helped her brother to his feet, before retreving the ring from the floor. "Marik... Perhaps you should hold on to this."

Saltin quickly swatted his arm at Bakura to get him to let go. "Oh yeah, and why the hell would want that? Like it'll be worth while." He turned, and stared back at him. His dead eyes didn't seem to affect him, rather, it annoyed him. This guy was most likely wasted. Either that or had a bad day and wanted to take it out on him. Saltin was again aware of the knife he had up his sleeve. You know. Just if he felt like it.

“I made some fresh coffee! I noticed what was in the pot was a little old, and I thought you might be a coffee sort of person. Would you like some? I can serve you some!” Shizuka hardly even knew what sort of impression she was giving off. Acting like the perfect wife, making the perfect coffee, oh, how lucky that man would be once he married her. “Oh, I could also make you a sandwich too! I was just going to make myself one but if you want one too...”
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Marik nodded. "Okay, sister." He reached out and took the ring, drapping it around his neck. "I will watch over it." He whispered before lurching off to find asprin. Today would be a long day. He was indeed still connected tot he millennium items, which in part excited him, but also scared him to death.

Bakura only pulled the man closer, forcing him nose to nose. "You have one of those items don't you. The Animus items? His breath only smelt of garlic. Nothing else. "We have much work to do. And if you join me, we will rule the world any everything in it. What do you say?" His voice became very level and snakelike at the ending sentence, the one he hoped would be the deal closer. If not, things were going to become much more difficult on the poor drunk. The bar attendants watched, breifly wondering what the drama was about, or if they were in the middle of a daytime drama. Bakura's fist wrapped tighter around the cloak as he desprately awaited the answer.

"I'll take the coffee." Seto replied. He wasn't much of a breakfast person. Or a morning conversation person. Though, somehow, her voice wasn't as annoying as most peoples, and he wouldn't object to her talking some more. He sipped at his coffee, simply watching her with an eye of no practice social grace.

The Janitor's fingers tingled. It wasn't an unfamiliar feeling, just inconvienient. Itwas rough taking notes when your body was trying to tell you something. That ring of hers. It sensed the power of the other Animus, and wanted to join them. But she couldn't leave the boss while he was so close to his departure...

Isis watched her brother leave, with a tinge of maternal sadness. He was to go on this adventure without her. She had to leave her poor brother alone to stop this... Power that she could still feel deep in her chest. She still worried when the boy went shopping alone, to be honest. But what could she honestly do, now? It was out of her hands.

"Okay, double 4, and I get headcheese. Double 2 and I get that old headcheese that's starting to look like just plain ol' skin." The dice had a tendency to want to either land on double 6s or double 7s. It helped with a lot of decision making really. You know, just letting this so called 'detective' let her fate rest in a pair of old dice. Yep. Sure was a nice feeling. Upon tossing the dice, Petra was rather upset to find that they just threw themselves to the door. "You're not leaving the house! GEEZ. That's the last TIME." She snapped at the dice. It's like they wanted to go out for a walk around the scary city. Like they were gonna get something like that. Walk around the city was gonna have to come to her, not the other way around.

Saltin stared for another second, before he cracked up in the thief's face. “What of it? So what if I have one of those? You expect them to somehow harbor a power with the potential of ruling the world? Don't you think that's a bit over the top? Cheesy?” He laughed again before leaving a small bit of silence. “Tell me, what would you think or say if I told you I knew where not only one, but /two/ of the Animus items are?”

Soon enough, Shizuka set down Seto's cup of coffee on the table, and her own sandwich. “Hope you like it! I tried mixing a few flavors of the coffee and I thought it would taste good, but I'm not sure if you like it.” She frowned. Suddenly, her little coffee plan didn't seem that great. She prayed it would actually taste good to the scary man.

Last edited by PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:18 pm

Saltin stared for another second, before he cracked up in the thief's face. “What of it? So what if I have one of those? You expect them to somehow harbor a power with the potential of ruling the world? Don't you think that's a bit over the top? Cheesy?” He laughed again before leaving a small bit of silence. “Tell me, what would you think or say if I told you I knew where not only one, but /two/ of the Animus items are?”

Soon enough, Shizuka set down Seto's cup of coffee on the table, and her own sandwich. “Hope you like it! I tried mixing a few flavors of the coffee and I thought it would taste good, but I'm not sure if you like it.” She frowned. Suddenly, her little coffee plan didn't seem that great. She prayed it would actually taste good to the scary man.

"Ah..." Petra tapped her chin, before jotting down more. She was starting to feel somewhat odd now. There was something about this Janitor that was making her feel a little crazier then usual. It's like the dice were infected with something and had passed the sickness onto her. Huh. Sounded logical. What if . . . "Proof of identification please. I'll show you mine, you show me yours." She picked the dice out of her pocket by their chain, and twirled them around.

Bakura's thin lips peeled back as he grinned, revealing sharp bone-white teeth. "You think I don't already know wherre they are?" He cackled darkly. "I've already got a perfect idea of where to find them, you fool." He spat. "I've been tracking both you and those girls." He hissed. "I'll be willing to bet that you didn't even know there were more than just three." He dropped the man back into his seat. "So are you taking this deal or not?" He could very well just take the man's animus item with out forming an alliance, but at this moment, it seemed to difficult to stand against the power of the millennium items by himself. He atleast needed some one else with power to cling to until he had enough to hild his own against them.

"It's fine." For the first time in quite some time, Seto found himself straining to seem unimpressed. He actually enjoyed the taste of this coffee quite a lot, but some how, admiting to it seemed like an embarrassing prospect. Seto Kaiba did not compliment people.

Saltin rubbed his chin, leaning back in the seat. "Hmm." He laughed suddenly. He wasn't really sure what exactly he was laughing at, he just felt like it. Honestly, it wasn't the best idea of Bakura's to go talking to Saltin when said puka was drunk. "Alright, alright!" He held his hands up and waved them a bit, as if he had been caught doing something. "You got yourself a deal!"

Mokuba happily skipped down the staircase in his 'spiffy' outfit. Black jeans, a black tee-shirt with an electric blue outining of the Blue eyes white Dragon, an orange vest, leather wrist bands, and a hot pink bandana around his neck. He watched Shizuka and Seto in teh kitchen from behind the threshold, trying to keep himself stealthy and unheard as well as unseen.

“Alright then...” Shizuka slowly sat down in one of the seats, very confused. Something wasn't right. She felt so out of place just casually sitting down in front of Seto Kaiba.

The Janitor chewed on her ring finger while taking notes with her free hand. She found it sometimes supressed the feeling, but not today. To make matters worse, her head was begining to hurt. Never a good sign. Perhaps they were uploading more knowledge?

Ryou glanced across the room at the golden object sitting on the table. He was almost afraid of it, and yet... He was strangely drawn to it. He didn't understand what he was meant to do! He sighed, wishing his life could just stay normal.

Shizuka's face suddenly lit up. “R-Really? You like it?” She didn't expect him to! Oh, so maybe she wouldn't actually be the worst housewife ever! She turned back around and returned to cleaning the kitchen, as well as the small mess she made from making the coffee. Now, she wouldn't be able to wipe the beam from her face. Seto, without realizing it, had just made her one of the happiest girls on the Earth currently.

Petra just about kicked down her door, leaving her house bundled up with her scarf, hat, and jacket. The scarf and hat alone just about covering half her face. She reached into her pocket and pulled out the dice, glaring down at them. “Okay, left the house. /Now/, what do you want?” she growled. The dice only rolled off her hands and jiggled around a bit in response. Suddenly, selling the valuable dice didn't seem that much of a bad idea.

Last edited by PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:19 pm

With an delighted glint in his evil eyes Bakura grinned. "Excellent." He grabbed the man by the wrist and begant o make his way out the door like some sort of kidnapper. "Come on, We've got lots to do today." Bekura licked his lips. "So much preperation to go through." The evil white haired maniac was going to bring revenge on the pharoah's bloodline whenther he liked it or not.

Mokie smiled sweetly when he realized that the two might just be gettign along! It was certainly a happy occassion for him. His brother was finally getting along with a lady! Finally! And he even almost complimented her. Sort of. This was considered breaking news in the land of Mokuba Kaiba. It was exciting. almost like watching the moon get taken out by a metioright.

Seto felt like he'd just been hit with an extreme happiness grenade or something. Geez. Two words, and shel acted like he'd just told her she was a princess. Girls are weird, he decided, not for the first time in his life. He watched her prance (/prance!?/) about the kitchen as she cleaned. "Er. You don't have to do that. We have maids who are paid for it." He mumbled, as though he were afraid someone might overhear him being relatively kind.

Shizuka suddenly stopped in her prancing. “Oh?” She looked down at the dishes she was carrying. “Oh!” Quickly, she set them down, as if they were staring to burn her hands. “Ohh . . . I'm so sorry! I didn't know!” She certainly didn't want to ruin the jobs for the maids! If she continued to clean, they wouldn't get paid, and that would just be awful. She looked around, now unsure of how she should or could busy herself.

Saltin waved the near empty bottle around before throwing it into the nearest trash bin. “Yeah, yeah, whatever you say, fluffy.”

"Fluffy!? FLUFFY!?" He reapeated himself for emphasis. "You will refrain from adressing me with pet-names in teh future. If you know what's good for you." He threatened. "Come on, we've got to sober yo up." He drug him out the door, and soon he found himself at the door of Ryou, once again. He almost kicked down the door, but decided a stealth entrance was much more fun. "Lucy, I'm home..." He called in a very snakelike voice.

Last edited by PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:21 pm

And now she was making him feel as though he'd caught her trying to burn down an animal shelter or something. "Stop apologizing." He saidunder a throat clearing. There was a tiny muscle in his heart called 'kindness' that he was very weary of flexing.

Ryou had only just begun to doze at his desk, finally catching up on the sleep he'd lost. When he heard the crook's voice, he shot straight up, almost falling out of his chair. He laughed. Oh, hearing things again, are we? Without much though, he shoved the Millenium Scale into his middle drawer before scrambling over to the door. Ah, seeing things, too! "W-W-Welcome home." He squeaked.

As soon as Saltin wandered into the house, he spotted a couch. Suddenly, sleeping sounded really good. Better sleep off that alcohol. Within a second he was face down on the couch.

The moe blob blinked. “Oh. . . I'm sor-” she quickly stopped herself. “Uh . . .” Well this was odd. Not saying sorry was hard. She looked down at her feet awkwardly.

Bakura smirked and landed a heavy hand on the boy's shoulder. "Haa, yes. You see Ryou: My friend here needs to sober up, so you won't mind if he stays the night, will you?" He asked in a tone the suggested he better not say no.

"Just... Relax." He gave kindness a tentetive flew, and deecided it wasn't going to kill him. "You're a guest." That was to far, as the twitching muscle caused a strange reaction in his face. He turned his face away from hers as though he could hide the blush.

Oh, already making friends? What a social bloke. "A-ah, no, not at alll." Ryou tried to sink through the floor to find refuge in the appartment beneath his. This did not work so well. He certainly hoped he didn't throw up on Dad's couch, at the very least. "Anything for you." He squeaked.

Saltin only waved a hand around. “Fine! I'll be fine. Just dfsjaghakfsfd...” Then he was gone. Rather, he passed out. Hopefully he would have alcohol overdose and die in his sleep. Hopefully.

Last edited by PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:22 pm

“Alright then...” Shizuka slowly sat down in one of the seats, very confused. Something wasn't right. She felt so out of place just casually sitting down in front of Seto Kaiba.

Mokuba happily skipped into the kitchen in hopes of breaking the tension. "Hi guys!" He cheerfully greated the soon to be couple. "great day so far, don't you think?" He grabbed a box of captain crunch off the shelf and made himself some food.

Bakura smirked. "Good to hear, my dear old friend." He was more than pleased that Ryou was willing to offer them a place to stay again. 'how sweet...' When Saltin passed out he made himself comfortable elsewhere and began his slumber, but only with a slight nagging feeling the the pit of his stomach.

Seto made some noncomital noise and hid his face behind the rim of his coffee cup. The bright colors stung his eyes so early in the morning, that's it.

Ryou quietly opened his drawer, taking the scale and stuffing it into his school bag. He needed to get away from this man, before he was manipulated into doing something terrible again.

PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PBBG on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:58 pm

"AHIT'SYOU!" The Janitor called across the street to the girl taking her pet dice for a walk. "I got your message, Comander! But I can't leave my post right now! Carre to join me!?" She waved her bloodied hand at her.

Petra raised her eyebrows at the Janitor. Wait, was the crazy person talking to her? She to her side, and then behind her. There was nobody else around. /I sent a message? Dang I need to stop taking those pills./ She looked down at the ground at the dice. One moved in the direction of the crazy person, and the other in a completely different way. The Pub was it? Ah, pub was a block down, Janitor was 15 feet away. Which is easier?
Soon she found herself standing in front of the crazy person with the bleeding hand. Ah, maybe she shouldn't ask. Although . . .
“If you're going to bloody up one, then do so to the other. Having one hand red and the other not is starting to get on my nerves.”

The Janitor looked down at her hands, holding them out meekly. "Apologies, Commander." She said, almost sounding shy now. She began to chew on her other hand, turning back to look through Seto's window some more.

Petra stood there for a minute, not sure what to do. Slowly, she pulled out her notebook and pen, and started jotting down notes. This Janitor was a suspect, no doubt. Might as well take advantage of the situation. “So, how's the progress going along? I hope you haven't been slacking off.” Heh, she could get used to the 'Commander' thing.

The Janitor took her hand out of her mouth. "Wouldn't dream of it, Commander." She dutifully stuffed her hand back into her mouth, speaking around her swelling knuckles. "I think he's getting ready to depart."

"Ah..." Petra tapped her chin, before jotting down more. She was starting to feel somewhat odd now. There was something about this Janitor that was making her feel a little crazier then usual. It's like the dice were infected with something and had passed the sickness onto her. Huh. Sounded logical. What if . . . "Proof of identification please. I'll show you mine, you show me yours." She picked the dice out of her pocket by their chain, and twirled them around.

Gail quickly hopped onto her brigjht orange dirt bike, and began strolling off downt he streety. Where in the world had she being led by that stupid crossbow, now!? She gritted her teeth as the stupid thing began to vibrate and glow within her backpack. Oh, how she hated it when it did that. She soon ventured down a hill, acrossed a bike bridge and into... the crazed Janitor. "Ouch..." she complained when she hit her head on the pavement.

The Janitor flashed her ring before her 'Commander,' before spinning to meet whatever had just made contact with her. "Ooooh, you're the girl from yesterday!" She shook her hand. "I hope Gladore finds you well this morning have you met the Commander?" She merged the two sentences seamlessly.
PBBG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top